On a mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently
Founded in 2016, TrialSpark is a tech-driven Pharma company differentiated by radically more efficient drug development. TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of clinical drug development, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher quality trial data.
The company acquires clinical-stage drugs from pharmaceutical and biotech companies and develops them faster, unlocking greater value per program and accelerating access to new treatments for patients. TrialSpark's current therapeutic areas of focus include rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases.
About the Role
We are looking for a driven and organized senior accountant who is excited to join a fast-paced and collaborative team. The person who will excel in this role is a fast learner who will quickly learn how things are currently done, take full ownership of key processes and continually seek to identify and implement improvements. This person should be ready to roll up their sleeves and get into the details. This role is critical in enhancing the efficiency and structure of TrialSpark’s financial reporting.
- Lead the monthly close and handle complex components of the process
- Manage the company’s expenses for 3rd party payments
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Conduct financial system implementations, integrations, and improvements
- Perform regular flux analysis to deliver key insights to the team and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Strategic Finance to deliver insights from actuals and how they impact future results
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
- Support technical accounting requests, such as stock comp, ASC 842, taxes as needed
- Assist in external financial audit with timely and accurate PBC requests and supporting schedules
- Respond to ad hoc financial requests and implement processes to support them
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting or in-house Finance/Accounting department with a bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/related field
- Detail oriented and ownership mentality
- Willingness to go above and beyond expectations
- NetSuite or similar ERP experience
- GAAP proficient
- Strong understanding of how the financial statements interact
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at TrialSpark. The target salary range for this role is $80,000 - $100,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.