Sr. Clinical Contracts & Budgets Associate
On a mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently
Founded in 2016, TrialSpark is a tech-driven Pharma company differentiated by radically more efficient drug development. TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of clinical drug development, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher quality trial data.
The company acquires clinical-stage drugs from pharmaceutical and biotech companies and develops them faster, unlocking greater value per program and accelerating access to new treatments for patients. TrialSpark's current therapeutic areas of focus include rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases.
About the role
As a Senior Clinical Contracts & Budgets Associate at TrialSpark, you will play a key role in advancing the efficient startup of our studies. You will provide leadership during the clinical agreement and site level budget negotiation process as you execute compliant practices when developing, negotiating and finalizing clinical agreements and investigator budgets. This position necessitates subject matter knowledge, an eye toward process improvement, interactive communication to set clear guidance, and stakeholder management.
This role works closely with the Study Startup and Operations team, and will also assist in ensuring that the study startup process meets speed and quality KPIs while helping various departments at TrialSpark weave regulatory excellence into our organization.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, reinventing a broken industry from first principles. If you’re interested in startups and operational excellence, come and problem-solve at TrialSpark.
- Independently negotiating and finalizing Clinical Trial Agreements (CTAs) using established fallback language
- Developing study budgets utilizing benchmark costs and a fair market value perspective
- Ensuring budget and contract change requests falling outside of agreed parameters are addressed in an effective and timely manner, to minimize delays and to facilitate the prompt conclusion of site contract and budget negotiations
- Proactively identifying site contract related risks and potential roadblocks
- Liaising/collaborating with external sites and internal Study Startup Operations, Legal, and Finance teams
- Continuously tracking trends in site responsiveness and performance in order to evaluate overall portfolio of sites
- Leveraging historical data and negotiation techniques with sites to realize cost savings
- Working closely with the Operations study team and playing a key role to ensure deliverables are in alignment with defined study timelines
- Maintaining a positive image of TrialSpark through external communication and interaction with key stakeholders including study investigators
- Assisting Study Startup and Operations with additional responsibilities as needed, including but not limited to:
- Preparing Regulatory Documentation for IRB review
- Performing quality review of documents such as the Informed Consent Form
- Maintaining staff training logs
- Organized, with strong attention to detail
- Strong ownership mentality; solutions-oriented with a “first principles” approach to breaking down problems and coming up with new solutions
- Data-driven approach to problem solving
- Excellent external and internal communication and relationship building skills; ability to be a great cross-functional partner
- Strong follow-through skills–not afraid to be dogged in chasing down answers
- Resourceful and adaptable in areas of ambiguity, but unafraid to ask questions to gain context
- Proven strong analytical, negotiating, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Experience identifying and implementing best practices and contributing to continuous improvement for site budgeting and contracting
- Proven ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at TrialSpark. The target salary range for this role is $89,000 - $116,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.