Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist, Vector Purification
ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for learning to join the growing Research Therapeutics team as an Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist on the Vector Production, Vector Purification subteam. In this role, the successful candidate will execute viral purification & analytics and grow into designing experiments to increase AAV efficacy & optimize the purification process.
The AAV production team generates recombinant AAV to support the research pipeline and ShapeTX’s novel RNAfixTM, RNAswapTM, and RNAskipTM technology platforms. An ideal candidate will have AAV purification experience, or broad recombinant protein and vector production experience, a collaborative spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute and coordinate planned experiments within the sub team
- Independently plan and execute rigorous and well-controlled experiments
- Perform AKTA based affinity & ion exchange chromatography purifications
- Ability to optimize current purification methods using broad understanding of biochemistry and chromatography
- Analysis of purified material (qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, SDS PAGE, genome integrity)
- Analyze and communicate results in small team and project team settings
What You Bring:
- BS in biochemistry or a related scientific discipline with 5+ years of relevant industry experience OR
- MS candidates with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
Skills and Experience
- AAV production, purification, or analytics experience
- Experience with protein purification (Affinity, AEX, SEC, etc.)
- Experience with ultracentrifugation and gradient purification
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and analysis (DNA/RNA purification, qPCR, ddPCR, etc.)
- Experience with protein analysis techniques (SDS PAGE, ELISA, Western blotting, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot, think analytically, and tackle challenges with a problem-solving, can-do attitude
- A collaborative, team player and good lab citizen
- Passion for benchwork
- Demonstrates initiative & strong work ethic
- Exquisite attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-science environment
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one-week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for the Associate Scientist role is $82,000-$110,000, and the salary range for the Senior Associate Scientist is $92,000-$124,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.