ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated Automation Engineer to join our Research Technologies Team to further develop our RNAfixTM technology. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building end-to-end automated workflows and collaborating closely with cell and molecular biologists to optimize processes. Your ability to implement data storage solutions to ensure data integrity and accessibility throughout the workflow will be crucial. Maintaining high-quality standards and performing quality control checks to guarantee accurate and reliable results is a core aspect of this position. You will thrive in our fast-paced startup environment, where autonomy, initiative, and a passion for research are essential.
If you are ready to contribute to groundbreaking research, possess proven experience in biotech and pharmaceutical automation, and have a vision for optimizing laboratory processes, we invite you to apply.
You will join our satellite site in Boston. Meet some of the team members here.
What You’ll Do:
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical Experience: Proven experience in building automated pipelines for research and development within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Automation Expertise: Proficiency in designing and building automated workflows for RNA and DNA extractions, cellular assays, and NGS (Next-Generation Sequencing) sample preparation.
- End-to-End Vision: Ability to conceptualize and construct end-to-end automated workflows, optimizing efficiency and accuracy in laboratory processes.
- Data Management: Familiarity with data storage systems to effectively track and manage data generated from automated experiments.
- Autonomous: Self-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision, taking initiative to drive projects forward.
- Collaboration and Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams and documenting workflow procedures.
- Quality Focus: Strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards in all automation processes.
- Fast-Paced Environment: Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup environment, where adaptability, prioritization, and a goal-oriented mind set are essential.
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biology, engineering, or a related discipline.
What You Bring:
- Workflow Development: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, build, and optimize automated workflows for various stages of biotech R&D, including RNA and DNA extractions, cell culture, and NGS sample preparation.
- End-to-End Automation: Create end-to-end automated solutions that streamline and accelerate laboratory processes while ensuring data integrity and quality.
- Data Management: Implement data storage solutions to track and manage experimental data generated through automated processes.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay current with industry best practices and emerging automation technologies, driving ongoing improvements in workflow efficiency and reliability.
- Collaboration: Work closely with scientists, engineers, and researchers to understand their automation needs and provide technical support.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed documentation of automated workflows, troubleshooting procedures, and standard operating protocols (SOPs).
- Quality Assurance: Perform quality control checks on automated processes, identifying and resolving any issues promptly.
- Training: Provide training and guidance to team members on using automated systems effectively.
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one-week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for the Automation Engineer role is $120,000-$200,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.