Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, AAV Purification - Cell, Assay, and Vector Engineering
ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for learning to join the growing Research team as Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, AAV Purification - Cell, Assay, and Vector Engineering. In this role, the successful candidate will purify and characterize AAV to support the early research pipeline and ShapeTX’s novel RNAfixTM and RNAskipTM technology platforms. The candidate will conduct exploratory research to develop novel AAV purification methods in addition to routine purifications. An ideal candidate will have demonstrated AAV/viral purification experience or broad recombinant protein purification experience a collaborative spirit, and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Purification of AAV vectors to support internal research programs at ShapeTX
- With supervision execute rigorous and well-controlled experiments
- Execute new biochemical methods to for purification of AAV
- Basic analysis of AAV (qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, DNA Gels)
- Analyze and communicate results in small team settings
What You Bring:
- BS/MS in molecular/cellular biology or other relevant scientific discipline +1-5 years experience in an industry setting
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to think outside the box and tackle challenges with a problem-solving, can-do attitude
Skills and Experience
- AAV production, purification, or analytics experience
- Experience with protein purification (Affinity, AEX, SEC, etc)
- Experience with liquid chromatography (FPLC, HPLC)
- Experience with gradient ultracentrifugation
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and analysis (DNA/RNA purification, qPCR, ddPCR)
- Experience with protein analysis techniques (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Western blotting)
- Stellar work ethic
- A collaborative, team player and good lab citizen
- Passion for benchwork
- Demonstrates initiative
- Exquisite attention to detail and organization
- Effective and proactive communication
Compensation & Benefits
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for this role is $61,000 – $98,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.