Scientist/Senior Scientist, Pathology
ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for a Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Pathology to join the Nonclinical Development (NCD) team. In this hands-on laboratory role, the successful candidate will establish methods to profile the biodistribution and efficacy of our RNA-targeted therapeutics and novel AAV capsids, enabling advancement of lead candidates toward clinical application. The candidate will build out our core pathology laboratory capabilities while designing and executing methods to measure cell type-specific AAV infectivity, transgene expression, and therapeutic activity. The candidate will interface with a rapidly-growing team of high-performing research scientists, providing subject matter expertise and assistance with histological assay development. The candidate will engage with internal and external stakeholders to advance our platform technologies and the therapeutic pipeline. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, clear and effective communication, and the ability to balance competing priorities to meet project timelines is critical. This is an exciting opportunity to join a scientifically-driven, fast-paced company and guide the development of novel therapeutic candidates to treat diseases with high unmet medical need.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and qualify technically sound, robust, and fit-for-purpose molecular and immunological assays
- Execute qualified assays on key study samples to enable thorough understanding of biological response and inform project-level decision-making
- Author technical documents and study reports to support IND applications and other regulatory filings
- Participate and present results/recommendations to cross-functional project teams
- Recruit, manage, and develop laboratory associate scientists
- Live the ShapeTX values and positively influence our scientific culture
What you Bring:
- PhD in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or related discipline with 0-3+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience OR
- Excellent BS/MS candidates with 5-10+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry will also be considered
- Knowledge and expertise in molecular/immunological assay design and development
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, anticipate challenges, problem solve, and achieve high quality outcomes
Skills and Experience:
- Deep expertise in immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, immunofluorescence, and multiplexed image analysis
- Experience with spatial transcriptomics is a plus
- Working knowledge of instrumentation to build out a core pathology lab
- Hands-on experience with gene engineering and gene delivery tools and technologies
- Understanding of drug development process and familiarity with IND/BLA regulatory submissions and associated study reports
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-based scientific environment
- Strong time management skills with the capacity to meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Concise and clear written and oral communication skills
- Track record of managing/mentoring laboratory scientists
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for the Scientist role is $96,000-$144,000 and the salary range for the Senior Scientist role is $108,000 - $162,000 The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.