Software Sensor Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2020
ISEE is seeking full-time Software Sensor Engineer to join our team.
Role responsibilities include:
- Own the development and integration of autonomous driving sensors into the ISEE system. Sensors include LIDAR, RADAR, Cameras, SWIR, Thermal, Ultrasonic, and others.
- Lead the sensor landscape benchmarking for autonomous driving sensors. Travel to trade shows, read research papers, and provide summaries for cross functional team review
- Analyze the Operational Domain for ISEE’s products, perform trade off analysis of sensor performance, and provide recommendations for sensors to the cross functional team
- Develop the Supplier Component Development Process for sensors to ensure positive supplier collaboration that meets ISEE company goals
- Develop technical requirements, specifications and work to gain alignment with stakeholders and suppliers
- Lead supplier collaboration through multiple phases of the component development process; Request for Information, Request for Quote, Statement of Work, Delivery Schedules, and PPAP
- Perform stakeholder reviews for key milestones
- Collaborate closely with the perception software team to ensure alignment on sensor performance characteristics, sensor locations, orientations, field of views, and other key items.
- Ensure successful sensor integration into the ISEE system by working closely with the Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Networking, and Systems Engineering teams
- Perform multimodal sensor calibration including but not limited to LiDARs, Cameras & RaDARs.
- Lead sensor projects through all phases from initial concept evaluation, selection, component level testing, integration, vehicle build, testing, and customer field follow
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Robotics or related field.
- Experience with Automotive CAN, Ethernet, PTP Time Synchronization, Python, Data collection, and Data Analysis
- Strong knowledge and experience in: signal processing, image processing, sensor fusion, etc.
- Passionate about self-driving vehicles and real-world robotic solutions.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- 3+ yrs industrial experience in deploying robust sensor suites to robots to enable autonomy
- Robotics/autonomous vehicle experience is a plus.
- People Leadership Experience