Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
We're looking for an experienced Data Architect to join our Data Platform Engineering team. Our team is responsible for enabling Hims & Hers business (Product, Analytics, Operations, Finance, Data Science, Machine Learning, Customer Experience, and Engineering) by providing a platform with a rich set of data and tools to leverage.
As a data architect, you will focus on the big picture of an organization’s data strategy. You will work closely with other architects, engineering, product, analytics, data science, and DevOps leaders to align the data architecture with the overall business goals and objectives.
Your primary responsibility is to develop a cohesive data architecture that supports the organization’s long-term vision. You design efficient data storage structures, data models, standards, and optimize data retrieval for reporting, analytics, and AI purposes.
- Collaborate with internal departments to define the strategic data architecture vision, roadmap, and improve processes, data detail, and business applications
- Establish guidelines, controls, and processes to make data available for developing scalable data-driven solutions for Analytics and AI
- Enforce data ingestion, integration, and access patterns to support both real-time and batch-based consumer data needs
- Implement security measures to safeguard sensitive data from unauthorized access, ensuring data privacy, and compliance with relevant regulations
- Plan and oversee data migration processes when transitioning to new data systems and platforms
- Drive continuous data transformation to minimize technical debt
- Display strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern data architecture principles and technology modernization
- Define and lead technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of new data technology solutions
- Create comprehensive documentation for design, and processes to support ongoing maintenance and knowledge sharing
- Conduct architectural reviews to ensure the solution addresses customer pain points, business, and technical requirements, and alignment to standards and best practices
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive communications to convey data architectural direction and how it aligns with enterprise strategy and able to sell the strategy and implementation to executives
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with over 12 years of Data Architecture and Data Engineering experience, including team leadership
- Proven expertise in designing data platforms for large-scale data and diverse data architectures, including warehouses, lakehouses, and integrated data stores
- We are open to proficiency in a variety of technologies: SQL, Bash, Python, Java, Presto, Spark, AWS, DataOps, DevSecOps, data streaming like Kafka, RabbitMQ, data stacks like Airflow, Databricks, dbt, and data stores like Cassandra, Aurora, ZooKeeper
- Experience with data security (including PHI and PII), as well as data privacy regulations (CCPA and GDPR)
- Proficient in addressing data-related challenges through analytical problem-solving and aligning data architecture with organizational business goals and objectives
- Exposure to analytics techniques using ML and AI to assist data scientists and analysts in deriving insights from data
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to address data-related challenges and find optimal solutions
- Ability to manage projects effectively, plan tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in healthcare
- Experience working in B2C or FinTech
- Previous working experience at startups
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.