Director, Data Science
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
As the Director of Data Science, you will build and lead our data science function that will drive the data-driven decision across our organization. This role will be critical in shaping and executing our data science strategy, overseeing data-driven projects, and guiding the team in delivering impactful insights and solutions to create stickier experiences with our customers. This fully remote position offers an opportunity to be a player coach while reporting directly to the VP of Analytics and Data Science.
- Establish and lead the data science function, building a high-performing team from the ground up
- Create a data science roadmap that aligns with critical areas of the business and unlocks value
- Use data science methods to identify levers the business can pull to delight our customers and create sticky product experiences
- Create models to understand and help the business create improved customer journeys, better go-to-market plans, and product changes
- Provide technical guidance and thought leadership on data science methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Collaborate cross-functionally with analytics teams, engineering teams, and groups of passionate stakeholders dedicated to improving our customer experience
- Distill our knowledge of the consumer into insights, playbooks, and data visualizations to put knowledge into action and help our business make decisions better
- 9+ years of analytics experience
- 5+ years of leading analytics and data science teams with direct reports
- Strong SQL skills
- Expert proficiency in Python or R
- Hands-on experience in statistics and machine learning, both in building and maintaining models as well as coaching and helping analysts choose the right methods to solve the problem at hand
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization and BI in Looker or Tableau
- Advanced knowledge of data models, infrastructure and data architecture
- Comfort with ambiguity, evolving priorities, and an ability to lead a team and operate autonomously
- Ability to explain technical analyses to non-technical audiences
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to coach and teach best practices
A Big Plus If You Have:
- Extensive experience working with Data Engineering
- DBT, airflow, and Databricks experience business intelligence and data science enterprise teams in the past
- An advanced degree in Data Science or Statistics or a Ph.d in a related field
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- An inclusive culture where we are always seeking improvement and cherish your input
- Great compensation package with equity compensation
- Unlimited PTO (10 holidays off), Mental Health days (1 day off per quarter)
- Generous Parental Leave
- High-coverage medical, dental & vision
- Mental health & wellness benefits
- Offsite team retreats
- Access to Amazon HIMS Store to order any additional equipment to ensure you have the gear you need
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products, and Apple Store
- $75 monthly connectivity stipend (phone/internet)
- 401k Match
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!