Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
A place to do your best work:
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
To keep up with our growth, we’re looking for a smart and passionate Workplace Manager for our growing team to help in building and scaling business expansion projects. Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Manage offices and/or warehouses as they come online in your territory.
- Partner with the Regional Head of Real Estate & Workplace on new office location set up and opening
- Communicate with building management, assuring the office operates within building rules and regulations.
- Manage space planning efforts and all internal office moves.
- Support strategies and events to keep employees active and engaged in Flexport culture
- Manage all vendors across facilities and office-related functions.
- Help maintain the appearance of the office conference rooms, kitchens, and common areas.
- Keep the office in compliance with monthly audits and hold the team accountable to a high standard of security for employee safety.
- Ability to oversee and manage to an assigned budget
- Work in conjunction with IT Help Desk implementing cross-functional projects
- Admin support and additional projects as needed
- Work to implement strategies and events to keep employees active and engaged in Flexport culture
What you’ll need:
- A BS/BA degree and/or comparable experience required.
- 3+ years of managerial experience in workplace, ideally in a high-growth environment of 300 plus people in the facility
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Experience in setting up new offices is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to lead and build trusting, collaborative relationships within the team
- A passion for people. You are smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people
- Strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments within a complex organization
- A structured and organized approach to your work
- A strong sense of urgency and personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen)
- Professionalism including the ability to make a good first impression and demonstrate respectful, friendly, and welcoming behavior
See more open positions at Flexport
Something looks off?