Senior Product Security Engineer
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Product Security Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem.
Our Product Security Engineers are software engineers who have deep expertise in multiple security domains. They understand product development and strategy, and work collaboratively with product managers and software engineers to identify and address security risks while also providing solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Build strong relationships with product managers and champion security by design.
- Lead security engineering reviews for new product features and enhancements.
- Engage in domain-specific threat modeling and attack surface analysis/reduction
- Develop security services and libraries consumed by product teams across our global infrastructure.
- Evangelize security across the product and engineering organizations.
- Collaborate with product and engineering stakeholders to address systemic security issues.
- Define security architecture for our products and services, and assist with the planning and implementation of risk mitigating solutions.
- Partner with security program managers to develop and deliver product security training programs.
- Help build and facilitate secure by default components and identify other opportunities to provide abstractions for complex security patterns.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of software development experience in languages such as Go, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- 4+ years of security engineering experience supporting product development and engineering teams in a fast-paced global environment.
- Hands-on experience with Identity management and identity federation (SAML, OAuth, SCIM, XACML)
- Experience performing code audits on internal and open source libraries for inclusion in our products.
- Experience with IaaS cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, containers, and service-oriented architectures.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to connect with empathy when delivering constructive feedback regarding security matters to engineers and product designers.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?