Security Engineer, Cloud
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $2.2B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Security Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Cloud Security Engineer, you will be responsible for enabling visibility across our cloud environments, deploying and managing commercial security tools, building integrations, automation and custom tools to bridge gaps.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with engineering, infrastructure, and security teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure cloud architectures aligned to internal standards and current best practices.
- Implement monitoring capabilities that enable continuous asset inventory and posture assessment across cloud operating environments.
- Develop and implement IaC patterns and blueprints to deploy secure infrastructure and services.
- Implement and administer security technology controls ( CSPM) across cloud infrastructure.
- Assess data flows across the cloud environment to identify process weaknesses or technology gaps that could result in privacy or security breaches.
- Participate in security incident response, red team and penetration testing exercises, bug bounty response, and audit support.
- Provide guidance and documentation to other teams in adopting and using the tools and components made available to them by the Cloud Security team.
- Create a culture of transparency, information sharing, and collaboration through the development of excellent documentation, mentoring of junior team members, and living Flexport’s values.
What you’ll need:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 3+ years of progressive security experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 2+ years of experience with major IaaS and PaaS cloud platforms and best practices for monitoring and securing such environments.
- Experience with container technologies, and software-oriented architecture.
- Experience with DevOps and SaaS environments.
- Experience with IaC such as Terraform.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?