Infrastructure Engineer, Developer Experience
We are reinventing global trade.
The Developer Experience team is rapidly growing and we are looking for a Infrastructure Engineer to join the team that will focus on improving infrastructure tools and enabling self service models. The team shares best practices for using tools and helping developers build and change their applications. Developers can use these tools to accelerate delivery.
More specifically, the team will be responsible for:
- Work closely with engineering and other infrastructure team(s) to define, design and implement Flexport’s next generation Infrastructure
- Define and support development, local or in the cloud-based integrated environments
- Improving and Supporting the reliability of Flexport’s Continuous Deployment (For ex. Github actions/workflows, BuildKite, Argo etc.) and more and Developer focused tools (for example: Backstage, Artifactory)
- Supporting and enhancing PR automation and continuous automated testing
- Developing monitoring into the tooling
- Define and evolve standard operating procedures for for the Developer Productivity Tools
- And more
What you’ll do:
- Develop reusable tools, frameworks, processes, and automation around build/deploy/test workflows that help engineers set up, implement, and deliver their services as quickly and easily as possible.
- Codify software development life cycle (build, deploy, test, refactor, release with no downtime) that enable high-quality release in all environments.
- Own our developer experience by working with engineering teams to identify and resolve areas of developer friction.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Enable service migrations from ECS to K8s.
- Automate integrations with engineering systems such as Github, Artifactory, Jira.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Passion and a genuine interest in the field of Developer Experience
- Some experience in the field of systems engineering, Devops or Developer Experience. This can be professionally or something you experimented or learned on your own time.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?