UK Workshop Facilitator (6-Month Contract)
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
Calm Business is an enterprise-level solution helping organizations and people leaders globally take a proactive and preventative approach to mental health in the workplace to improve employee productivity, engagement and overall well-being. Through Calm Business, employees and their dependents gain access to Calm — the #1 most trusted meditation, mindfulness and sleep app with a library of engaging and outcome-based content such as meditations, Sleep Stories, masterclasses and more. In addition, Calm Business offers HR and people leaders the resources they need to build effective mental health strategies including organization level analytics, insights and reporting, dedicated customer service, workplace tool integrations and tailored workshops. Calm Business supports more than 3,000 organizations around the world including Accenture, KraftHeinz, Johnson & Johnson, McDonalds, Deloitte, ASICS and Capital One.
What You’ll Do:
Please note, this is a 6-month contract role to start. This is a part-time role with anticipated hours between 20 - 25 hours per week.
You will help create and deliver workshops to our customers virtually and occasionally in person. You'll partner with our clients to uphold their wellness and DEIB strategies through education and training utilizing adult learning techniques and coaching skills.
- Deliver engaging and interactive workshops and trainings from our catalog of workshops to our B2B partners virtually and occasionally in-person
- Act as an SME for health and wellness, leadership, and or DEIB content
- Project manage workshop initiatives. This includes but is not limited to preparing materials, providing frequent updates, utilizing our project management system, and other administrative tasks
- Manage and lead projects independently providing timely updates to the team our cross-functional partners
- Learn new workshops on a continuous basis
- Support our Professional Services Designer in the creation of new workshops and initiatives
Who You Are:
- A go-getter who is comfortable working in a startup environment
- Comfortable with delivering trainings based off of a specific curriculum
- Can create engaging and interactive workshops with a focus on the learner
- Excel with time management and can produce deliverables based on internal roadmaps
- Know the difference between presenting, facilitation, and coaching
- You love technology and can learn new systems and processes quickly
- Flexibility with hours is a must. Expected schedule will be between 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM BST (Tuesday - Friday) and evening meetings on Monday on an ongoing basis. Occasionally, requests may be made outside of the hours
- Experienced in adult group facilitation
- Have one of the following certifications or trainings: Health Coaching or ICF ACC designation, Certified Diversity Practitioners, MBSR, MBCT or MSC Certification (Level 1 Teacher Certification or higher), or a Health Educator with professional experience
- Native speaker in Spanish or French
- Experienced with ZenDesk, Salesforce, gSuite, Prezi, Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, or Workramp
- Master’s degree or higher
- More than one certification or designation listed above
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.