Senior Operations Specialist
Beam is Asia Pacific’s largest shared micromobility company, on a mission to turn little drives into better rides and make cities flow better for everyone.
Shared micromobility is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and we’re leading the way in Asia Pacific with operations in Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand and Malaysia.
Beam is the largest shared micromobility operator in Australia & New Zealand, with e-scooter and e-bike operations across more than 30 cities including most state and territory capitals.
We have gathered a team with a passion for innovation and technology. We tackle growing challenges every day as a group of problem solvers, determined to make a positive impact on people’s lives and the future of the planet.
What we are looking for: Someone who is relationship driven who can partner with our local council to ensure we are meeting requirements of our operating agreement. You’ll be managing incidents, complaints, working with local council and supporting the Darwin operations. This is a hybrid role where no two days are the same.
Due to the nature of our operating agreement this is a 48 month fixed term contract.
What you’ll be doing
- Work proactively with the local council to ensure complaints and problems are managed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage the Darwin operations and team with support from the Operations Specialist.
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with safety and quality of repairs being the primary goal.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by adhering to all internal safety standards and operating procedures.
- Take initiative and ownership to identify and solve problems when they arise.
- Ensure all internal processes are adhered to, including WHS requirement
- Ability to be resilient, assertive, optimistic and open to change.
- Assist in busy periods and are available to work weekends where required.
- Prior work experience in Transport and logistics is desirable
- Are personable and able to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders
- Previous experience managing a team and are able provide clear direction
- You are proactive and bring a hands-on attitude with a natural drive to seek out continuous improvement.
- Smartphone proficient - used with all our e-scooters.
- High attention to detail.
- Articulate and bring exceptional organisational skills.
- Growth mindset & willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work through problems under pressure and find a resolution
- Physically fit to lift e-scooters (25kg)
- Familiar with Office or Google Suite of applications (Sheets, Slides etc)
- Strong Excel skills or SQL Knowledge is a bonus
- Opportunity to make an impact by being part of a movement that will revolutionise transportation in cities,
- Comprehensive remuneration package and benefits, including monthly wellness and phone allowance
- Be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Work with a a team of motivated and fun co-workers
- Your choice of a MacBook or Windows laptop