Beam is Asia Pacific’s largest shared micromobility company, on a mission to turn little drives into better rides and make cities flow better for everyone.
Shared micromobility is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and we’re leading the way in Asia Pacific with operations in Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand and Malaysia.
Beam is the largest shared micromobility operator in Australia & New Zealand, with e-scooter and e-bike operations across more than 30 cities including most state and territory capitals.
We have gathered a team with a passion for innovation and technology. We tackle growing challenges every day as a group of problem solvers, determined to make a positive impact on people’s lives and the future of the planet.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an Operations Specialist to support our new local team and supervise on-the-ground operations. You'll be someone who is willing and able to get hands-on in order to get the job done and grow the business.
This role is a 48 month fixed term contract in line with our current operating agreement in Darwin.
What you'll do
- Drive forward Beam’s operations across multiple operational verticals, including charging infrastructure, fleet management, and warehouse / supply chain management
- Support Warehouse Operations:
- Repair vehicles as required and coordinate the workshop priorities
- Oversee a smooth inflow/outflow process of vehicles from the workshop to the street, so that we can maximise the number of vehicles available to be ridden
- Ensure that battery charging is conducted in a way that adequately services rider demand
- Manage inventory in your location ensuring its accurate and up to date
- Ensure all warehouse safety procedures are followed
- Support Fleet Operations:
- Marshal vehicles as required and coordinate marshaling priorities
- Respond promptly to resolve any vehicle-related complaints received from the council or community
- Ensure all on-road safety procedures are followed
- Coordinate and supervise the team of Scooter Marshals and Fleet Techs who support the operations
- Review key operational metrics and manage a tight ship
- Innovate constantly on existing processes and products
- Support City Leads in other ways as required, including running or coordinating Beam’s in-person safety initiatives and providing customer service support
- Proactive and hands-on attitude - you’ll be doing physical work as required (e.g. driving the van and doing vehicle repairs in the warehouse). Previous mechanic/warehouse experience is viewed favourably
- Self starter - you’ll get broad exposure to all aspects of the business so this is a great position to fast track your start-up career
- Experience with people management and training
- Passion for solving problems and delivering a great customer experience
- Familiar with Office or Google Suite of applications (Sheets, Slides etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Opportunity to make an impact by being part of a movement that will revolutionise transportation in cities,
- Comprehensive remuneration package and benefits, including monthly wellness and phone allowance
- Be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Work with a a team of motivated and fun co-workers
- Your choice of a MacBook or Windows laptop