Business Development Coordinator
Beam is Asia Pacific’s largest shared micromobility company, on a mission to turn little drives into better rides and make cities flow better for everyone.
Shared micromobility is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and we’re leading the way in Asia Pacific with operations in Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand and Malaysia. Following our recent US $93M Series B round, we will be expanding our operations to Turkey, Japan and Indonesia.
Within Australia & New Zealand, Beam has shared e-scooter and e-bike operations in Adelaide, Albany, Auckland, Brisbane, Bunbury, Burnie, Cairns Canberra, Devonport, Denmark, Esperance, Geraldton, Hervey Bay, Hobart, Lake Macquarie, Launceston, Mackay, Magnetic Island, Melbourne, Napier, Palmerston North, Port Douglas, Queenstown, Rockingham, Sydney, Taupo, Townsville, Wellington, Whanganui and Whangārei.
We have gathered a team with a passion for innovation and technology. We tackle growing challenges every day as a group of problem solvers, determined to make a positive impact on people’s lives and the future of the planet.
We are seeking a Business Development Coordinator to provide responsive and high quality business development and administrative support to the Head of Business Development (BD). This is a full time fixed term position.
What you’ll be doing
- Conducting market research to identify new business development opportunities
- Supporting the implementation of key national partnerships and programs
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers via email, phone, and in-person
- Coordinating and arranging events, meetings and appointments
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and pitches for prospective clients
- Writing and distributing agendas, proposals, estimates and briefing documents for internal and external meetings
- Liaising with cross-functional team members
- Assisting in development, layout, and proof-reading of client communications
- Creating and maintaining client customer relationship management systems
- Tracking submitted proposals and providing feedback to management
- Coordinating and arranging diary, travel and expenses for Head of Business Development
- Providing effective administrative support
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- 2 - 4 years of professional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong networking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to take initiative, plan and prioritise; and
- Experience in using customer relationship management systems and SQL is highly regarded.
At Beam, we offer:
- Opportunity to make an impact by being part of a movement that will revolutionise transportation in cities,
- Comprehensive remuneration package and benefits
- Be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Flexible and inspiring workplace with a team of competent, motivated and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours
- Your choice of a MacBook or Windows laptop
The Beam Group of Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer, dedicated to providing an inclusive, open and diverse work environment. All are welcome regardless of race, language, religion, gender, nationality, age, disability or other divisive categorisations.