Electrical Test Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Quality Assurance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Electrical Test Engineer
As an electrical test engineer at Astranis, you will be responsible for developing, designing, and implementing tests and test systems (ground support equipment) for all the custom electronics on our spacecraft. You'll prove that our suite of power, analog, digital, and RF designs work across environments to guarantee success on orbit.
- Develop and design automated hardware and software solutions to test+validate electronics hardware
- Design PCBA's to interface with flight hardware
- Write software in Python to control bench equipment, devices under test, and other test hardware
- Work closely with the design team to provide feedback and insight through qualification and acceptance process
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical or computer engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Comfort with ambiguity and turning high-level requirements into clear design/test objectives
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience with debugging circuits with embedded software, from oscilloscope to scripting
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Experience using Altium Designer
- Experience using Python
- Experience with designing and building electrical harnesses and connectors
- Experience automating tests, test equipment, or similar instrumentation
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
What we offer:
What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis's total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are informed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.