FPGA — Intern (Spring 2024)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
As an Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, no matter their seniority. Many past interns have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many of them are now full-time employees at Astranis.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.
- RTL Development for FPGA targeted applications
- Work with multiple FPGAs and toolchains
- Interface FPGAs with a variety of peripherals including high speed data converters, memories, MCUs
- Write software to interface and test RTL in hardware
- Collaborate closely with electrical and software engineers
- US Citizenship or Green Card (This is a legal requirement; no exceptions)
- Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience in designing, implementing, and testing high throughput systems implemented on FPGAs
- Proficiency with Verilog/SystemVerilog for synthesis
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with UVM and advanced SystemVerilog verification
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs
- Experience with Vivado IDE, TCL
- Familiarity with system level estimates and implications of power, thermal, and real estate
- Experience with high speed data converters (ADCs, DACs, JESD204B)
- Experience with circuit level debugging
- Experience with digital communication theory and implementation, such as LDPC implementations
- Experience with space-based systems
- Experience with modern communication systems (RF, IF/IQ, time/freq domains, modulation)
- Experience in at least 1 domain beyond logic design. This could be DSP/radio design, software, hi-rel design (e.g. fault analysis & recover), etc.
The base pay for this position is $26.50 per hour.
The base pay for this position is $29.00 per hour.
Base Hourly Pay
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.