Procurement Group Manager
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished leader who has expertise in the Purchasing discipline as well as other business functions in a manufacturing environment. This person should possess a minimum of 5 years of purchasing/supply chain experience with at least 2 years at the management level. This individual must demonstrate well-rounded business acumen, the ability to develop people and not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the company’s procurement strategies and processes.
- Lead, mentor and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in purchasing within the commodities.
- Drive efforts to ensure that purchased materials support quality, cost, and inventory requirements.
- Develop, document, and execute sourcing strategies that utilize negotiation and purchasing techniques ensuring the very best quality, cost, delivery, and service.
- Manage supplier relations and supply agreement compliance while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Oversees cradle-to-grave process from intent to purchase, new supplier on-boarding, performance, and supplier exit. Tracks supplier performance using dashboards for quality, delivery, service and cost.
- Deliver aggressive cost reduction objectives.
- Continuously analyze market and delivery conditions to ensure present and future material availability.
- Work with Production, Supplier Quality and Engineering to develop product specifications and source new components.
- Identify and evaluate new/increased sources of supply that support plant expansions, new products, and sustainability objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or Chemistry and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, or Engineering preferred.
- Expertise in world class procurement operations and how to get there. Capable of driving change while maintaining positive internal relations.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted purchasing and accounting practices, contract negotiation, related laws and regulations.
- Supplier scorecard techniques that drive supplier management.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and execution. Creative, calculated risk taker.
- Track record of project leadership including partnership/teambuilding with interdependent functions in Operations, Engineering, Quality, Styling and Finance.
What we offer: